JSR Sire Lines
The world renowned JSR Sire Lines
When it comes to sire lines, the GC400 is valued for its notable third breed heterosis, which results in the production of litters of large piglets. Sourced from stock raised without the use of AGPs since 1986, JSR GC400s produce progeny with excellent appetites and constitutions, which grow quickly and efficiently, thriving in a wide range of conditions.
- Vigorous, fast growing piglets
- Robust constitution
- Low post weaning mortality
- Outstanding third breed heterosis
The JSR GC500’s genes mark the culmination of years of careful selection from sire lines, to combine high meat-eating quality without high production costs. Its notable hybrid vigour offers a robust breeding performance in a wide range of conditions and produces offspring of consistently superior conformation. GC500 progeny offer optimum backfat and high intramuscular fat, for succulent and tastier pork.
- Succulent, tasty meat in demand by retailers.
- High lean meat content in belly, loin & ham
- Large, fast growing, vigorous piglets
- Ideal for high welfare and semi-intensive systems
With its superior White Pietrain genetics, the GC600 offers exceptional hybrid vigour in all crosses. As a result, the GC600’s large piglets are notably healthier and show a great improvement in pre and post-weaning mortality. This advance in health and vitality results in faster, more efficient growth, leading to an improvement in fat grading..
- White Pietrain composite line
- Extra hybrid vigour for reduced mortality
- More lean meat in the expensive cuts
- Ideal for heavier or 12mm contracts
- Halothane gene free
The GC700, developed from a combination of JSR’s efficient White sire lines, is robustly healthy with strong legs and an extremely high libido. Bred specifically for feed efficiency, it boasts an FCR 13.4% lower than the UK average. The GC700 carcass also shows significant increases in muscularity, especially in the loin, detected through JSR’s pioneering use of CT scanning.
- JSR white efficient sire line
- Optimum combination of JSR lines
- Lower FCR leading to lower COP
- Fast growth reduces days to slaughter
- High muscle:fat ratio
The Geneconverter 750 is the newest addition to the JSR portfolio. It has been developed from the very best of JSR’s White sire lines to produce a robust breed. The GC750 has outstanding semen quality, backed with consistent performance.
- Contributes an excellent carcass with low levels of backfat
- High levels of lean meat
- Delivers for all producers, including those with outdoor systems
The fast-growing Geneconverter 800m has been developed from JSR's global pool of quality genetics. Using advanced technology at our flagship Nucleus Unit in Oxfordshire, we have been able to test feed efficiency and growth rates to produce one of the leading, record-breaking sire lines.
CT scanning technology has enabled us to ensure good carcass yields along with ultrasound scanning for intramuscular fat content. As sire lines go, this is the most exciting boar JSR has developed for many years.
- Fast growth
- Excellent FCR
- Competitive grading
- Easy to manage
The Geneconverter 900 delivers the most impressive results ever seen against our competitors at JSR, being up to three weeks quicker to slaughter (105kg) than competitor sire lines on the same farm. With genomic developments and selection for increased feed intake, improved resistance to endemic disease and meat eating quality, farm performance from the Geneconverter 900 is second to none.
- Large, fast growing piglets
- Low FCR
- Increased disease resistance
- Low cost of production