Pig Stockperson Maternity Cover – Pigwood
A full-time pig stockperson is required to cover maternity leave at our 700 herd Pig Unit at Pigwood Unit, Delamere near Chester. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work within the Company’s genetic programme producing gilts for the UK market.
The ideal candidate should have completed or be working towards Certificate of Competence Level 2 in pig husbandry and must have their own transport due to the rural location of the unit.
- Day to day implementation of the agreed routines to achieve the individual unit goals
- Promoting and practicing the JSR Core Values
- Carrying out the day to day tasks required to meet the animals basic welfare requirements
- Implementing and identifying best practice at all times
- Developing personal skill level to meet the units targets and operate effectively
- Operating to the welfare codes of practice and environmental parameters
- Supporting the Pig Unit Manager and Assistant Pig Manager in implementing and developing the units strategy to meet the units targets
- Operate safely within the health and safety guidelines
- To feed, water and manage the health and environment of the animals daily
- To provide support and cover for other team members as instructed by the Line Manager
- To carry out all routines as identified by the Line Manager
- To inform the Manager of any compromise to the animals welfare
- To attend training courses as required to improve operating skills
- To work safely and inform the Line Manager of any potential safety hazards
- To clear up daily and keep the work area tidy
We are looking for a proactive, honest and reliable team member who has a keen interest in the welfare of animals. Experience would be preferred in all areas of pig production, but not essential as training will be provided to the successful applicant.
This position offers a good remuneration package, Company Health Scheme and Company Pension Scheme.
Salary Dependent on Skills & Experience