Stockperson – Givendale Stabiliser Cattle Herd
The JSR Farming Group one of the largest family-owned farming companies in the UK.
We are looking for a full-time stockperson to join the small skilled team managing 300 Stabiliser cows and a small sheep flock at Givendale Farm, Pocklington in East Yorkshire.
The successful applicant will have experience in all aspects of cattle husbandry, especially calving. The role will include assisting the Herd Manager in managing the high-performance breeding herd which also operates the Stabiliser Cattle Company Feed Efficiency Unit.
- Supporting the Herd Manager to achieve agreed herd performance and economic targets
- Manage the herd to desired standards in Manager’s absence
- Supporting the team to ensure livestock is managed to agreed economic, welfare and environmental standards
- The efficient management of the Feed Efficiency Unit to agreed protocols
- Routine winter tasks eg feeding & bedding
- Cattle and sheep handling eg weighing
- All aspects of calving
- Daily monitoring of the Feed Efficiency Unit
- Grassland maintenance eg fertiliser spreading and fencing
- Silage, straw and farm yard manure handling
- 39 hours Mon to Fro plus weekend routine tasks on a rota basis
- 31 days per year (including Bank Holidays)
We offer a competitive salary, accommodation, Company Health Scheme and the opportunity to work in a beautiful rural location.